Barking mad -- dogs and binners

Posted by Unknown
[caption id="attachment_1476" align="alignleft" width="213"]Not barking now! Click the image to enlarge. Not barking now! Click the image to enlarge.[/caption]

After patching up the trailer hitch arm, I doggedly continued binning. A few lanes along, I pulled over to let a truck out of its parking spot by some blue bins; I'd noticed a couple moving stuff between the truck and a red car. As the truck pulled away, the woman passenger looked back at the bins. As I squeezed between the aforementioned red car and blue bins, the dog, the couple had left in the red car, went off. Of course I took it's picture -- a few times -- with each flash, the barking diminished, until the pooch just looked at me, dazed.

As I was pulling away from the blue bin set, a woman on a bike blew past me -- bags on her handle bars, bags tied to her rack -- a binner. I had seen her, and "interacted" with her before. She was a Chinese woman with little command of English and absolutely no regard for other binners. I caught up with her, and, pointlessly (doggedly) tried to impress upon her what a no-no it was to cut off other binners. Silly me.

"Go way. Go way. You no king. Go way. You not king here." As she explained what I wasn't, and where I should go, as if to emphasize her points, she fetched a short, thin, plastic pole out of the basket on her handlebars -- It looked like a section of fishing rod, and she swished it at me menacingly. It was ridiculous that I even tried to talk to her. Now it was farce. From apartments above us, I could hear some laughter. I left her then, and continued up the lane, and on my way. I didn't see her again. Any ways, it was just about my bedtime.

[caption id="attachment_1497" align="alignleft" width="497"] Couldn't have been that bad if I had time to snap photos of the night sky! Click image to enlarge.[/caption]
0 comments:

Post a Comment