Pancake batter is too thin

Posted by Unknown
spilt-paint-02

A largish puddle of paint I encountered last night in a lane of condos. The paint container appeared to be upright in the bag. The lid is visible to the left.

I can only speculate how such a photogenic mess happened: Perhaps the condo owner left the container of paint on the lid of the grey garbage bin and it fell or was knocked off. Maybe it was put on the ground but someone kicked it.

How to take ownership of someone else's mess


As a rule, the first binner anyone sees near a mess, particularly if they're trying to clean it up, is the guilty party who made it. This may be a city by-law, I haven't checked.

Binners shouldn't need to make a mess in the first place. In my experience, there's no return on the effort required to make one. And it's against our best interests.

Unfortunately, it's also against our best interests to clean up messes. I detour around them, unless they're small or crying out to be photographed like this one was.

If I was the owner I'd leave it also -- has to be easier to clean off when it's dry, by peeling, scraping, even power-washing. Click the image to enlarge it.
0 comments:

Post a Comment