Missing my view

Posted by Unknown
Parkade with view of VancouverParkade with view of condo

Pictured on the left: A simulation of the view from the parkade up to a year ago. On the right: The current view of the new condo. Click the images to enlarge them.

I miss my view! Don't get me wrong, I like my current sleeping spot. It's clean, and I sleep really well -- I suppose I could get used to sleeping on a mattress, but I sure adapted quickly, and well to sleeping on a hard surface -- as I was saying, I like the spot, but millionaires stole my view. The old building across the lane from the parkade was a tall, single storey warehouse affair. About a year ago, it finally came down and a three-storey condo complex went up. The brick wall visible in the After image, is well over the old edge of the lane. In fact, The lane is now so narrow at that point, that I watched an ambulance get stuck, and a delivery van actually gouged a bit of the brick wall -- they did a better job fixing it than they did building it! The units still aren't all sold, but, with the view they have, I guess it's just a matter of time.
2 comments:
  1. ~xtian said...

    Sad that you've had your view stolen and that it will be sold to people who will be too busy staring at their smartphones or credit card bills to enjoy it...

    ~xtian

  2. Thanks. I think you'll find that they at least look at the view long enough to take a picture of it with their smartphones.

    I grew up on the Canadian Prairies, a flat land of huge skies, and loud storms. The natural world Vancouver sits in, is quietly more amazing; so big, so in your face, so absolutely, frikkin' everywhere great, that it mocks anyone's attempt to own it. It's kind of a privilege to be homeless here.

Post a Comment