Homelessness stinks, right?

Posted by Unknown
smell-crop2

Gosh I'd love to able to have a shower each and every day. I know a few homeless binners who nearly manage this, but, in this regard, I am obviously not nearly as good at this gig as they are. And now that summer is coming, the absence will be that much more telling.

No one likes to be grubby, but you proverbially need to get your hands dirty to earn money. And given the linear nature of human existence, you have to choose: go find a shower/do laundry, or work and make money; basically spend or earn. The priority is to work when the money is there to be made, and then clean up -- that's what people normally do at home, after, or before work. People without a home have a logistical problem: shower and laundery availability is nowhere twenty-four hours, that I know of.

It's something for me to get better at managing, but until then, if you see me bombing around Fairview, whiskerey, a bit fragrant, and grubby, chances are I'm flush with cash for food, repairs, and to put aside (for things like laundry). If on the other hand I'm sparkling clean, well-groomed, shiney in the shoes, pressed in the pants, and smelling like a fresh breeze through rich people, then I'm likely poor and hungry. With luck I'll be somewhere in between.
0 comments:

Post a Comment