Best Burrito Ltd. isn't ... the best!

Posted by Unknown
not-bestNew owners at a formerly favourite restaurant means a new bad attitude which has left a bad taste in my mouth.

About a year ago, I would have told anyone who cared to listen to run, not walk, to the little Best Burrito restaurant at 195 West Broadway, in Vancouver, B.C., across from Mountain Equipment Coop. The restaurant was little but served huge burritos full of freshness and flavour, at a very reasonable price. I ate there almost every day last summer but didn't go there all winter.

Returning last week, after a season's absence, I could see it was somewhat different. Certainly the hands-on owner I was familiar with wasn't there. New owner I was told. The burrito had slightly different ingredients, and strips of beef rather than shredded, which I prefer, but it was good and still fresh and hefty.

The staff who prepared my burrito, gave me a new loyalty stamp card. The next day I ate there and the same staff stamped my new card a second time. Realizing I had a loyalty card from the previous owner which was shy but a single stamp, the staff member insisted I use it next time to fill it and they would honour it. I had the old card stamped and thus filled on my next visit.

Today I was in for a shock -- this is what I've written on the Google+ review feature for Best Burrito:
I loved the original owner's burritos, but there has been a change of ownership and attitude, They started me on a fresh loyalty stamp card, but i was told on my next visit I could complete the old owner's stamp card which was shy just one stamp, and then redeem it, I had it stamped on my next visit. However today when I tried to redeem the fully stamped card, a staff member told me, quite loudly and brusquely that that was the previous owner's and they didn't have to and wouldn't honour it. I tossed the old card and left the partially-stamped new card for whomever wanted it. I won't go back there, I really do not believe that is the right way to treat a customer.

Don't mean to rant, but I have provided customer service -- I'm not happy about how I was treated and I wanted to share that.

 
0 comments:

Post a Comment