And now a word from out sponsors

Posted by Unknown
I don't know if storage locker beats shopping cart in the game of Rock, Paper, Scissors, but I believe, from personal experience, that it does in real life.

I was lucky to get a storage locker within two weeks of becoming homeless in late 2004. I had some cash from selling my Mac hardware on consignment through The Mac Market, a wonderful shop, and, I think, the only one of its kind in Vancouver, but I couldn't find a company willing to rent a locker to me; I made no secret of my situation and, it turns out homeless people are not always generally known for paying their bills or keeping their lockers in good order. I was also a bit appalled by the poor security and shoddy construction I was seeing: plywood and chicken-wire, dim-to-no lighting, and not cheap at that. Finally I found a brand new company on West 7th; they still had lots of available lockers, they were willing to give me a try as a customer; I could afford their rates, and they were set-up in a concrete building, with two levels of lockers constructed of aluminum and steel -- some with lighting and even temperature control, and overall clean, well-lit and secure.

I've had my locker at Guardian Storage for over eight years now. My rent generally coincides with the increased panic binning the week before Welfare cheques are issued; I try to pay early to beat the rush, as I did this week, but some times I just have to gut it out and work extra hard again the increased competition. It's massively worth it, as far as I'm concerned. I'm grateful that they took a chance on me, and I recommend them highly for their facilities and their service.
0 comments:

Post a Comment